A notice to our families
Information on Funerals and COVID-19
At Heishman/Valley Funeral Service we care deeply about the health and safety of our community. We are abiding by the regulations mandated by the Federal and State Government.
- If you have items to pick up and are uncomfortable coming into the Funeral Home, we can bring the items out to your vehicle.
- If you wish to sign the register book for the family and do not feel comfortable coming into our facility, we can bring the book out to you or feel free to call our facility and a staff member would be happy to sign for you.
- We will offer viewings throughout the day to limit the number of people coming into our Funeral Home.
- We are willing to come to your home to make arrangements (pre-need and at-need
Families who have lost loved ones still need and appreciate the support from family and friends. Please remember that you can leave online condolences for families to view on our website: www.valleyfs.com. Sending cards to families as well as phone calls is also a safe way of communicating and sharing your condolences. Many local businesses are also offering to deliver food to families rather than you taking it to their houses.
- We also have employees answering the phones 24 hours a day if you have questions or need assistance.
We understand this is a difficult and uncertain time for all and we can assure that we are working hard to clean and maintain a safe environment for all who enter our facility. Together, we will get through this difficult time.
As of April 12, 2021, FEMA is providing funeral assistance to COVID-19 related expenses occurred after January 20, 2020. Your family may be eligible for this benefit. Please visit the FEMA website at https://www.fema.gov/disasters/coronavirus/economic/funeral-assistance.
The website will guide you through the process of applying for assistance. If you do not have a computer or would like a paper copy, information is available at both of our office locations. Unfortunately, funeral homes are not allowed to apply on behalf of the family, only individuals responsible for the funeral expenses can apply. Thank you for letting us serve your family during a difficult time. Please contact one of our offices if you have questions or concerns. We are here to help you.
The staff at Heishman Funeral Home, Inc. | Heishman Funeral Service & Valley Funeral Service